Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Holes

once you turn the piece, the flying bug fragments pretty much give you proof
that the beasties are no more - my curren theory is to submerge infested
wood in water for a day or two and then take it out - figure that ought to
either drown the beasties or cause them to go buy scuba gear

"spaco" wrote in message
Just for discussion's sake, I wonder if "worm holes" are really worm
holes. I would think that the Powder Post Beetle would be a more likely
candidate for the job. And, if so, I would want to make darn sure they
were all dead in any piece of wood I brought into my shop or storage
place.

Pete Stanaitis

Boru wrote:

I`ve just been given some wood and it bears the mark of woodworm. Do I
turn
it and whatever is showing is the way it is or are people that fussy?

The reason I ask is that my wife was given a bowl as a present from a
"pro"
woodturner. No bowl will leave my shop with tearout on show but what do
ye
think ?