Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

Robatoy wrote:
On Nov 26, 7:29 pm, John Martin wrote:
On Nov 26, 6:36 pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:

John Martin wrote:
On Nov 26, 5:57 pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:
Or do you think that I'm consuming
excessively riding my 650 and want me to ride a Vespa instead?
--John

Actually, you are, aren't you? Enlighten us with your MPG
numbers
and
carrying capacity.

rolling eyes

If you think that somebody who rides a motorcycle in the winter in
New England is "consuming excessively" then you really, really do
have a screw loose.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Since you decline to provide the numbers, let me guess. 40 - 45
MPG
maybe? Or am I too high? The SUV with two or three aboard is
actually a bit more effcient, no? Now, how about the 2.2 liter car
with two or three aboard? Oh, wait - you always have a passenger
on
your motorcycle, right?

I'm not objecting to your gasoline consumption. Not at all. What
am objecting to is your implication that, by riding a 650 cc
motorcycle rather than driving a car, you are more efficient than
others. You're not.

In the winter in New England.... please tell me again who has the
screw loose.

John Martin

Two frozen rubber wheels on black ice...now THAT is efficient.

Actually when I was living in an apartment there were times when
paddling the bike across the iced-up parking lot to the plowed road
was more efficient than jacking the car up and putting the chains on
it so that it could pull its way out of the ice depressions around the
wheels. That of course was when the car was an econobox and not a 4WD
SUV.

I've encountered black on a public road very rarely, yes it happens
but not often and generally shortly after a snow day.