Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Millwright Ron[_2_] Millwright Ron[_2_] is offline

Default Unions

On Nov 26, 9:27 am, " wrote:
On Nov 24, 1:19 am, Millwright Ron wrote:

For 35 years that I have belonged to this Union. We always had a no
shrike clause in out contract. Anyone that went on a wildcat strike
could be fired by the employer.
As long as our contract was in forced. We did not go on strike.

Excellence Is A Process Not A Goal To Do Better

Millwright Ronwww.unionmillwright.com

But that does not say much. As long as you were working to a
contract, no strike. Big deal.

When the union is trying to negociate a new contract , and the current
contract runs out.......................Gee you don't have a contract,
and so you can threaten to strike or actually strike.

So did you ever strike?

Dan

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$

I have never been on strike. Even when our contract had been expired
14 months.

I did walk a picket line once. When we had been locked out. It took a
court order for me to be able to retrieve my own personal tools.
Our Union did file a grievance with the NLRB and we did win. I am
proud that we stood up for our rights.That year the ceo still received
his bonus.... When we did return back to work. There were lots of
bitter feelings. Families had lost their homes, marriages, cars and
their savings.The trust that we thought we had with the company was
lost and was never regained.
I moved on to greener pastures.

Union Millwright Ron
www.unionmillwright.com