Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default diesel in 93 Ford gas

It is, in short, a chore much bigger than swapping gas engines. or
rebuilding the one you have. Probably cost you more than you'd ever hope
to save on fuel, even as the price of fuel spirals up.

Having thought about doing something similar, I concluded that selling
the gas truck and buying a diesel truck (non-wrecked) was the only way
that made and sense to do the gas/diesel swap. My brother has done the

Yea, this diesel engine swap sounds like too much work. I think I'll just
price out a new 460 long block and live with the horrible mileage. I know I
can swap blocks out over a weekend.

I gave up on used. I need 4x4, standard cab, extended frame, dually,diesel,
cherry shape, low mileage. They just ain't out there.

Karl