Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Is there a towel warmer that works?

On Nov 26, 12:35 pm, wrote:
On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 21:34:44 -0800 (PST), Aaron Fude

wrote:
Hi,

I own this a Warmrails towel warmer:

http://warmrails.com/pg/products/hwTowel.htm

and it's a joke! I occasionally get a warm spot on a towel, but that's
about it. (Perhaps mine is broken?)

Is there a model that works or is the whole concept flawed?

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

Check out Runtal. There is a major difference between towel warmers
that run at about 100W and towel warmers that run at around 1000W
(electric ones). I would beleive that a 100W warmer would not be very
effective but the 1000W ones would be and also contribute to room
heat. Runtal also makes water heated towel warmers.

I bet it would. The electric baseboard heater in our bathroom is only
500 watts; and this is a cool climate. However with 240 watts of
incandescent light bulbs in fixture over the vanity the heater rarely
cuts in anyway!
Heated towel rails! Complicated and seem like a complete non-
necessity!
We keep a hand towel permanently on rail over the heater; most
convenient place for it in smallish bathroom. Bath towels either used
once or pitched over the shower rail for same person to use a second
time.
Keep everything as simple as possible; works best and is easy on
maintenance.
Also avoid mixing valve/taps for same reason of simplicity. In
previous dwellings did not have good experience with them, kitchen or
bathroom! Got rid of the one in this kitchen many years ago.
Our two original individual bath shower taps have, with occasional
minor repairs such as new washers and replacement chrome handles for
cosmetic repair a couple of times over some 38 years have worked fine.