Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] poison_1024@yahoo.com is offline

Default How do I snake this drain line?

I have the tiolet off of the floor and the flange exposed but I have a
lead bend in it (from the flange to the main line about 1 foot or so)
and I was told that an industrial snake will destroy that lead bend.
Do I just use a smaller snake but then it may not fully clear the
line?

I could go through the trap right before the line goes out to the
septic but then I will have to do it backwards and I am told that I
need the line to be near the machine so it doesn't go flailing around
the room (ideal would be a drain opening in the floor right next to
the machine.)

This is probably one of things best left to a company that does it but
unfortunately these are guys that are in between jobs and I doubt they
will take into consideration the lead bend for example. So I want to
do it myself or at least be educated enough as possible. Any ideas?