Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

On Nov 26, 7:46 pm, Brian Henderson
wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:41:29 -0700, Mark & Juanita

wrote:
You really don't have a grasp on the amount of coal and shale reserves in
the US, do you?

Shale is far too expensive to process efficiently. It only makes
sense if gas is going for $7-10 a gallon.

While deliberate waste is never justified, the idea that having us all
drive Prius's will save the world is hardly a rational approach.

A Prius is a damn ugly car, actually. The fact is, a hybrid might
help slow the use of gasoline, when gas runs out entirely or gets too
expensive, a hybrid isn't going to do any good. The reality is that
we need to look for a way to rid ourselves of gasoline altoghether.

Not to mention that disposing of Prius batteries, after their useful
life has passed, is going to be a nightmare.
But I do think electrical solutions are the way to go, either through
electrolysis to make hydrogen or by charging nano-technology battery-
like packs. The source for this magic electrical juice would be a
variety of generation devices, with the base-loads carried by a
renewed approach to nuclear plants. What-the-hell, the distribution
network is in place already. I anticipate some serious progress coming
out of France in fusion development.

That whole bio-diesel 'fata morgana' is plain silly.