Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

On Nov 26, 4:34 pm, dpb wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
On Nov 26, 3:54 pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:

How is "their behavior" "irresponsible, nay, short-lived"? If you are
talking about consuming fuel, if everybody drove a mo-ped it would
still run out, just might take a little longer. There is no level of
consumption that will result in the oil lasting forever. Might be the
great grandkids instead of the grandkids who have to transition to a
different fuel, but it's still going to happen.

Might as well blow it all out of our asses and get it over with, huh?
I tend to support the viewpoint that if we conserve, we might buy
ourselves enough time to find alternate solutions. ...

Tell that to the Chinese and the other developing nations -- whatever
changes in our actions can realistically make will so far in the noise
of their changes as to make no discernible difference.

Options are there, they're just not yet economically viable. When they
become so, then they'll take off.

--

It is the fact that we over-consume that makes us vulnerable to making
mistakes.