Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

On Nov 26, 3:54 pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:

How is "their behavior" "irresponsible, nay, short-lived"? If you are
talking about consuming fuel, if everybody drove a mo-ped it would
still run out, just might take a little longer. There is no level of
consumption that will result in the oil lasting forever. Might be the
great grandkids instead of the grandkids who have to transition to a
different fuel, but it's still going to happen.

Might as well blow it all out of our asses and get it over with, huh?
I tend to support the viewpoint that if we conserve, we might buy
ourselves enough time to find alternate solutions. If you were in a
life-boat, you wouldn't eat everything on board in one day, would you?
No you wouldn't. You would conserve in the hope that there would be a
rescue.
This ball of dirt on which we float about in space, will not get
rescued by an outside source. Our resources are finite.
Conserving what we have is nothing but smart.

"Smell my exhaust, you serfs!" "I am on this planet all by myself,
eating and drinking and driving what ""I"" want." " I have NO
responsibility to my fellow planet dwellers." "It is all for ME, ME,
ME *diabolical laughter*."
"And I will kill those who have more fuel for me to burn!!!!"

Nice.

OK, now you've officially lost it.

LOL... you think? Naaa, my sense of the absurd has its own way to
illustrate things.
You probably wouldn't understand why I broke out laughing when I saw a
Lincoln pick-up truck.