Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

Frank Boettcher wrote:

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 17:31:47 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

.... snip

Did the off-shoring decision occur before or after Pentair sold Delta?

Before. Pentair only starting looking for a buyer after the strategy
went very, very bad. The Tool Group, the most profitable part of
Pentairs business throughout my tenure, went south in a hurry. Stock
dropped to about half its pre consolidation/globalization level losing
about a billion bucks of shareholder value.

Public record. Annual reports. Glossy words, but you can't hide the
numbers. Also Fortune wrote an article about the disaster, 2000 or
2001. It was very accurate except for the parts that indicated the
"current Corporate management had a handle on the fix".

Thanks. I bought some Pentair stock in 2004 when things seemed to be
going up and shortly before the announcement to sell off Delta. Just got
out a few months ago; I didn't lose money, but could have done better if I
had bailed in 2005.