Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Dieterle Jeff Dieterle is offline

Default direct vent vs. vent free gas fireplace

Which it will heat better. What do you mean specifically by don't assume the
vent isn't suitable? It's a clay tile lined chimney inside concrete block
veneered with brick.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
It will also heat better, but as noted it may have an odor. Don't
assume that the available vent is suitable for the fireplace. Have it
checked by someone who really knows first.

"Jeff Dieterle" wrote in message
I'm planning to install a gas fireplace. Fortunately the location has
direct access to an unused flue on my chimney. What are the pros & cons
of direct vented vs. vent free, I haven't been able to find much on the
web beyond the fact that vent free will add moisture.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit