Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Henderson Brian Henderson is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 15:28:41 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

Maybe because we know there are answers other than driving glorified
bubbles powered by lawn mower engines?

Maybe Americans need to grow up and deal with the reality that oil
reserves are rapidly running out.

We have ample opportunity, shale
oil in the west, Anwar to the north, oil off of Florida before the Chinese
and Cubans suck it dry, etc. The reserves are there, but the will to
overcome the resistance to developing our own sources seems to be weak.

It will be a stopgap measure at best, the fact is that China and India
are sucking up tons of gasoline now that they're becoming massively
industrialized and it will only get worse from here. Sure, you might
be able to suck another 10-20 years of oil out of Alaska but in the
end, we're going to be back in the same place with too much demand and
not enough oil to go around.