Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 21:22:59 GMT, (Doug Miller) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

I have a "little" Tacoma, which had no problem towing a 5000 lb. Volvo
fro Westchester airport to Meriden, CT a few weeks back.

Did I mention the oil filter is on top of the engine?

Where it belongs. Oh, how I hate changing oil on an engine with a filter
mounted open end up. What ever made anyone think that was a good idea?

Unless it's a Chevy S-10 or blazer with 4 wheel drive..
Instead of planning the filter on top, Chevy discovered that with 4x4, the
transfer case interfered with the oil filter..
Redesign the engine or T-case? Hell no..
They put an "adapter" on the oil filter port and ran lines to and from the new
filter mount under the hood..
As a result, the most often question inmost Chevy 4x4 groups is "how to fix
leaking oil filter lines"
My kid's blew out on him on the freeway.. fun..
Oh.. AFAIK, they never did do it right.. my '95 and a friends 97 blazer still
have it and we both carry a $100 replacement kit for when it goes..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing