Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher Frank Boettcher is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:03:14 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message
.. .

Transverse engine, back side of block, up in a pocket? I've never
actually seen that spot, just always hope I got the seat clean before
putting the new filter on.

Yup, that's the location. Hopefully if you get a little dirt in there the
filter will get it immediately. I retired from the automotive industry 12
years ago and started in it when I was going to school. I changed lots of
oil in cars while working part time. NUMBER 1 rule, look to make sure the
filter gasket came off of the engine. Never had a problem with that until,
;~) I did not check the filter on the Acura. I never realized just how
fast an engine can pump oil out of the engine when you use 2 gaskets on the
oil filter. About 6 seconds as I recall.

LOL. Similar experience. While blindly trying to install the new
filter, knocked off the gasket. But it didn't fall out. Thought that
it had a different feel when I tried to seat the filter hand tight.
Cranked up to check for leaks. Oil going everywhere. shut down
immediately, massive cleanup followed. Lot's of cussing the filter
manufacturer for the cheesy way the gasket was set.