Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message

Transverse engine, back side of block, up in a pocket? I've never
actually seen that spot, just always hope I got the seat clean before
putting the new filter on.

Yup, that's the location. Hopefully if you get a little dirt in there the
filter will get it immediately. I retired from the automotive industry 12
years ago and started in it when I was going to school. I changed lots of
oil in cars while working part time. NUMBER 1 rule, look to make sure the
filter gasket came off of the engine. Never had a problem with that until,
;~) I did not check the filter on the Acura. I never realized just how
fast an engine can pump oil out of the engine when you use 2 gaskets on the
oil filter. About 6 seconds as I recall.