Posted to uk.d-i-y
David W.E. Roberts David W.E. Roberts is offline

Default Cannon cooker blowup

"Nick" wrote in message
I think some have the thermostat combined with the on/off switch -
maybe the switch contacts got welded together so the thermostat bit
didn't open them when pre-set temp was reached ?

Nick

I presume there must be a thermostat sensor somewhere in the body of the
oven which is connected to the back of the switch to allow the switch
setting (temperature) to control the oven.

There is therefore more than one component which may have failed.

I say again, if the oven has malfunctioned enough that the inner door has
shattered due to a massive over temperature then almost anything in the oven
could have been stressed beyond the design tolerance.

Replacing parts which MAY have failed and hoping everything else is O.K.
does not seem a sensible approach.

The oven should be returned as 'not fit for purpose' to the merchant who
sold it to the OP.

Next time the door may not shatter before the entire kitchen catches fire.

Cheers

Dave R