Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Wardrobe hanging rail

Richard Perkin wrote:
"Arthur2" wrote in news:sqCdndoRRs-
:

Hi.
I'm looking for hanging rail about 1.1m span.
I don't want to use a centre support.
I've looked for sources but can only find ebay sellers.
Anyone know where I can find it?

Both B&Q and Wickes (cheaper) sell a good range of chromed tubing and
supports for just this sort of thing. The 25mm dia size should be OK;
the next size down is 19mm which will probably flex in the middle if
used without a centre support.

Might be better off with that 'flattened' hanging rail - tends to be
about 1" deep and .5" wide - my impression is (and logic suggests) that
it is more resistant to bending under load. Don't know any specific
suppliers though.

David