Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Holes

actually, I was attempting humor - when I need to vac chuck something with
holes, I just put a plastic bag over it - masking tape leaves glue behind
and costs something, plastic bags are everywhere and do the job just fine
unless the hole is REALLY big, in which case you can bridge it with paper or
cardboard.

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
William Noble wrote:
I sell some stuff through a local gallery - items with lots of worm holes
sell as well as those without - I clean out the holes and turn thin
enough that the perforated nature is clear to the viewer. It does make
it harder to vacuum chuck the end result though.....

As long as the holes are not where I'll be working, I just stick a piece
of masking tape over them. Helps conserve vacuum.