Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Hummmm......

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

snip

I was at a dinner party not to long ago and my cousin's boyfriend was
there, a Colonel in the US Army. One of the most fascinating things he
said about the military actions was: "Look at a map. Notice the
locations of Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan." He was very frugal with his
thoughts and words and seemed very apolitical. He either really didn't
know anything or knew a lot but wasn't forthcoming. I'm of the opinion
that the onion has very many layers and is nowhere near as simple as the
left, the media or the right think it is.

Oh, yeah. We can see the fighting, but may have no idea what's really going
on at the level of diplomacy. And I mean that seriously.

I'm kind of paranoid right now because I spent my spare time over the past
couple of weeks reading back issues of _Commentary_, the voice of the neocon
intellectuals. It made my skin want to crawl right off of my neck and down
my back. g

If anyone is in need of some fuel for paranoia, look up "Straussian text" in
quotes. Then consider who Strauss's students were. Those are the bull-goose
neocons.

--
Ed Huntress