Default PPPro 18V drill - short review

In uk.d-i-y, Grunff wrote:

......................... But I'm gonna give the Axminster tool
a go first. One of the factors that have convinced me to do so
is their use of NiMH batteries. If they were being cheapskates,
they certainly wouldn't have included NiMH as standard.

If you're using it for "real" trade - day in, day out - or even for
extended heavier jobs (which I believe you are), NiMH is probably
a win over NiCad on capacity grounds. But for weekend warriors like me,
the self-discharge on NiMH is so much greater than for NiCads that I'm
happier with the older technology...

Awaiting your impressions on the Axminster White with interest, BTW;
their writeups suggest the "White" stuff is more like mid-price trade
tool than Performance Pro joke kit, but seductive prose (and, to be
fair, a different branding - "Perform" - for the really "occasional
use only" tools) is no substitute for an impartial review. And I imagine
if you're really disappointed in the quality, Axminster will take it
back and refund without hassle.

Cheers, Stefek