Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Heating a 650 sq' wood shop

"Cshenk" wrote in message

"Phisherman" wrote

You could burn unwanted wood. There are small iron stoves that don't
take up much room and put out quite a bit of heat. I have seen one
auto-mechanic garage burner made from an oil drum that vented to the
outside and it worked well. The downside is that you don't have
instant ON/OFF like with electric. With the proper setup it can be
safe.

I like that idea. If I were in that situation, I'd be looking for a small
'Ben Franklin stove' (pot bellied stove) for my garage size. I use my
fireplace in winter to augment the heating so have plenty of wood for the
occasional need.

Any wood stove would have to be "EPA certified" to be legal.

Bob