pyotr filipivich

Default tips on stump burning? Changed to Ideas needed for those who can't burn

It being a dull day, I decide to respond to what Koz
fosted Fri, 04 Jun 2004 09:10:36 -0700
on rec.crafts.metalworking , viz:
Just to change things a bit.....

I am currently working on a maple stump about 4 feet across with another
5 or 6 feet of major root. It's on a city lot near the neighbor's place
so I can't burn. For now I have been digging about a foot down and
chopping out the roots to get to only a main stump area left.

The only solution I can think of is to make it a "feature" - basically
bury it in dirt (or compost) and make a planter there. It will take a few
years to have it rot out enough, but ... the alternative is a lot of hand
work.
--
pyotr filipivich.