Posted to rec.woodworking
Bonehenge (B A R R Y) Bonehenge (B A R R Y) is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 15:51:34 -0600, Frank Boettcher
wrote:

Yep, isn't that delightful. As one who has always changed oil myself,
I really like that. I did have to learn (the hard way) that the
"catch"tray around the filter will not actually hold the entire
contents of the filter ( I would have bet good money it would) and
that one should pull the drain plug and place a container beneath
first, but after that lesson, I'm happy.

Do you use Toyota filters?

I use the OEM filters, ($4.22/ea. if I buy 2 at the dealer, free plug
washers included...) and by the time I get the truck up on my ramps
and drain the oil, the filter is nearly empty.

Or, do you pull the filter before draining the pan?

Maybe aftermarket filters have some sort of check valve, which isn't
necessary due to the location of the filter in relation to the
lubricated parts?