Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Winterburn Doug Winterburn is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

Leon wrote:

I understand the new diesels will have to have Urea introduced to help cut
down on the pollution. Urea? Apparently the dealer will have to fill that
tank periodically. Honda is coming out with a diesel that will not need the
Urea to pass the emission tests.

Hadn't heard that. I was told the new ultra low sulfer fuel made diesel
less polluting than gas. There's certainly no diesel odor or black
smoke from the late models I've seen/smelled. I know one Safeway gas
station in Washington State had 20% soy bio-diesel. The problem for
older pre '07 diesel engines and the low sulfer fuel is supposed to be a
lack of lubricity causing wear on the turbo. But then, the local Chevy
dealer claims no need for any additive as the oil companies already add it.