Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message
Leon wrote:

One thing the foreign pickups don't have is a diesel. Last year I got a
used (57k miles) '04 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L Duramax regular cab full box
with the Allison transmission. The previous owner put a Banks exhaust
system on it. It is one towing machine for my 5th wheel! Gets 23mpg
highway and 13.5mpg towing (on a 4200 mile trip this last summer). It was
_very_ comfortable on that trip.

I understand the new diesels will have to have Urea introduced to help cut
down on the pollution. Urea? Apparently the dealer will have to fill that
tank periodically. Honda is coming out with a diesel that will not need the
Urea to pass the emission tests.

The biggest discomfort of my older 97 and the new 07 GMC and Chevy vehicles
was and are the back seats. You have to like setting in a back seat that
forces a right angle seating position and a seat back that is perpendicular
to the ground to call the back seat comfortable. As with my older Silverado
the fronts seats were acceptable.