Andy Hall

Default PPPro 18V drill - short review

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:59:56 +0100, Grunff wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

Have a look at the Makita as well. I was using by 14v one all day
today making some wooden frames. This involved gluing and screwing
some components together with long thin screws rather carefully and
slowly. A gentle squeeze of the trigger and the chuck turns very
slowly but with good torque.

A friend has the 12V Makita, which is superb. But not quite
beefy enough for what I want.

I'd love an 18V Makita, and have a feeling I'm going to end up
with one sooner or later. But I'm gonna give the Axminster tool
a go first. One of the factors that have convinced me to do so
is their use of NiMH batteries. If they were being cheapskates,
they certainly wouldn't have included NiMH as standard.

True. They also take the trouble to define what they mean by each
grade of tool, which I find very useful when selecting.

I've also found Axminster very good at resolving problems and keeping
customers happy. You might want to give their technical help desk a
call, describe the problem that you've had with the PPoo product and
whether what they have is likely to show an improvement and be more
suitable for use.
..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl