Jon Grimm

Default Cheap import milling machines

I love to bash asian crap, their quality is notoriously bad.
However, we bought a second hand Enco turret mill, and are very pleased with
it.

Using 30 and 40 year old bridgeport mills as a benchmark, I have to say that
it is a nice machine.

"Wayne" makowicki wrote in message
I have a 1998 Millport that has a 2 HP 1725/3450 motor that works well for
me,speed range is 80 to 5440 RPM this is with a step belt. I also have a
hardened and ground table that seems to stand up well. My dad has a
Bridgeport that is hard to tell the difference when using the machine.
Anything that fits his fits mine, we share a horizontal head. As to the
quality the man I bought it from used it allot over the years and it still
is tight and accurate.