Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default Replacing glass panes with double-glazed units

Mary Fisher wrote:
"clot" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

Spouse did the work,
occasionally I'd help him ease a unit into position from inside if
he were up a ladder.

Ecky thump, (thinks: Yorks or Lancs phrase - don't know; plough on)
. An indigenous Yorkshire lass or infected through years of exposure?

In fun

In truth.

Born and bred in Leeds, both of us. Still live in the next parish to
where we were raised. My father's parents, my parents and we were all
married at the church at the bottom of this street, three generations
baptised there too. This house was bought new by my mother's sister
and it will be left to our grandchildren (I'd like to see the ten of
them sort out how to use it!)

Mmm, could be interesting, (your last comment)!

I spent 4 years in Leeds, ('68 to '72 I think). LS2 - there's a clue! I
still have fond memories. I used to sail on the flooded gravel pit at
Pool, spent many a day walking around the reservoirs at Eccup and
adjacent. Also, of course, The Cow and Calf. Still have a friend living
just under that!

Do you recall Whitelocks? Is it still there?

Used to be the only place that sold Scottish & Newcastle No.3. T'was a
wonderful brew that I'd take after having gone to the market on a
Saturday.

I still have some work relationships with the City - University, but
rarely visit - the last occasion was about a year ago when attending a
conference at the University accommodation in Woodhouse.