Jon Grimm

Default small engine electronic ignition

so, Japanese weeds are different from American weeds?

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 22:30:32 GMT, Ron Thompson
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 21:16:01 GMT, Ron Thompson
wrote:

http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/31-8786.html?id=7qILfYVr
David
Thanks, that's the idea. But I was looking for the home built circuit.

Ron Thompson
On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy Space

Center, USA

http://www.plansandprojects.com

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is
to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
Try www.modelflight.com/ignition.html
All I did was google for "electronic ignition circuit" This one is
battery operated. All the home made ones I seen use a battery.
ERS

Yeah, me too. Not much good on a lawnmower.
I thought I had the other one saved on my computer, but I can't find
it.

Ron Thompson
On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy Space

Center, USA

http://www.plansandprojects.com

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is
to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Ron- I have used the ones you can buy for about 10 bucks. Some in
plastic cases and others in metal cases. They all worked perfectly.
Interestingly, B&S used some kind of coil in their electronic ignition
to sense the magnet on the flywheel. And these ignitions were not that
reliable. The ones you buy must sense the voltage build up and fire
then. In a magneto ignition system the magnet needs to be passing the
coil when the points open to get a good spark. I don't know how the
retrofit systems know exactly when to fire. Different magnetos will
have different voltages. The first ones I saw had to be bought for the
right engine but the last one I bought said it would work on any
engine. And it worked on a B&S, Tecumseh, and a japanese made
weedwhacker motor.
ERS