Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Any product from China worth buying?

Exactly, there are thousands of companies in China that only have the
capability of crankin out crap. There are also thousands of companies in
China capable of making top of the line anything. We get what we pay for. I
think your dissatisfaction should be directed at the parent companies who
clearly ignore quality control.

"RichK" wrote in message

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message

There is and always has been a demand for cheap manufacture goods.
It's unfair to blame China for supplying them, and it's ludicrous to

believe
the Chinese incapable of manufacturing quality products

Less expensive and crap and not synonyms. There were always lower end
products, with fewer features and no frills. This can be accomplished by
methods other than bad welds and crimps on portable heaters.

If you believe the women in China are told to make bad crimps on wires,
you're off your rocker. They do that because they don't know any better
and
their boss does not care.

Yeah, maybe 20 years from now the quality will improve, but I doubt it.
There will always be cheaper (read less trained) labor in China, so do not
expect things to change in our lifetime. Comparison to Japan is
pointless -
two totally different cultures.

I have not seen a product from China which is well made, from C-clamps, to
pair of pliers, to dust bins, to DVD players. Whenever possible I look
for
US made goods, but that's hardly possible anymore, regardless of price.
Needless to say the likes of Wal-Mart play a major hand in this.

RichK