Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Skeleton Man Skeleton Man is offline

Default Repair ATX power supply

Throw it away. At this point, not only will it cost more to replace
all the bad parts than buying a new spare supply, you're likely to
never repair it as many other things can blow, and if you fail to find even
a single one and replace it, they may all blow again instantly.

It's more an exercise in troubleshooting and repair than anything.. If I
wanted a spare I would buy one..

Also, if I can repair a $30 power supply, the same basic skills should apply
to a $200 power supply.. you wouldn't just throw it away and buy a new one
then.. (doing component level repairs is an an extra skill I'd like to teach
myself)

Chris