Vaughn

Default small engine electronic ignition

I don't think that those "electronic ignitions" for lawnmower engines are
anything more than a hefty zener diode. I'm sure that there must be a
small-engine group (or 10) somewhere on the Internet where you could get a more
definitive answer. In my fuzzy experience, you just bolt "the part" to a
grounded part of the engine and hook it's one wire to the points connection. It
works fine, and resultantly I doubt if they have been putting mechanical points
in lawnmowers for the last 15 or 20 years.

I run a communications shop and we have drawers full of parts, some of
which would likely do the job just fine. That said; if I needed that part, I
would go to somewhere where they sell lawnmower parts and buy one. My time has
a certain small amount of value to me.

Vaughn

"Ron Thompson" wrote in message
news
I saw a web page somewhere that had a circuit you could build to
replace the points and condenser on a lawnmower engine, but I lost it.
Can someone point me to it?
Thanks,

Ron Thompson
On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy Space Center,

USA

http://www.plansandprojects.com

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is
to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)