Posted to alt.home.repair
Cshenk Cshenk is offline

Default Heating a 650 sq' wood shop

"Phisherman" wrote

You could burn unwanted wood. There are small iron stoves that don't
take up much room and put out quite a bit of heat. I have seen one
auto-mechanic garage burner made from an oil drum that vented to the
outside and it worked well. The downside is that you don't have
instant ON/OFF like with electric. With the proper setup it can be
safe.

I like that idea. If I were in that situation, I'd be looking for a small
'Ben Franklin stove' (pot bellied stove) for my garage size. I use my
fireplace in winter to augment the heating so have plenty of wood for the
occasional need.