Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA JANA is offline

Default Repair ATX power supply

If you have a way to operate the supply without it connected, and you can
have the schematics, and necessary test gear, go ahead and start
troubleshooting. It can be as little as a simple component, to an array of
parts!

Take care when working on these switching supplies. The drive voltage and
drive current can be lethal!!!

--

JANA
_____

"Skeleton Man" wrote in message
. ..
Way I do it is to go to the computer store, (or Staples, or Office
Depot, or Best Buy, or...) and say: got a power supply?

I have replaced the power supply, and now I want to repair the old one.. I
shouldn't have to throw out a $50 peice of equipment because a 25c part is
broken.. (spending a day or two finding the problem doesn't worry me)

The problem is that it still supplies +5V standby, but refuses to turn on (I
have a load attached and I do have the correct wires for PS_ON and ground).

No fuses are blown, and nothing appears or smells obviously burnt.. I was
told to check for open/high resistors near the large filter caps on the high
side, so I did and they both read the correct ~220Kohms.. there's two
diodes on the high side and both those are ok also.. what else should I test
?

Chris