Posted to alt.home.repair
Andrew Sarangan Andrew Sarangan is offline

Default Any product from China worth buying?

On Nov 24, 7:22 pm, "Noozer" wrote:
"RichK" wrote in message

. ..

Hi All,

Just wondering, because I'm having terrible luck with anything made in
China. In most cases I have no choice, but to buy the junk that fails a
month after the warranty.

I've been saying this for years, and it finally seems to be a reality...

"You get what you pay for. When folks buy the cheap crap instead of
reasonable quality goods, the companies making the unwanted quality goods
will either go bankrupt or switch to the cheap goods."

If you want to do something about it, make a strong point to your retailers
that you WON'T support them if all they stock is cheap junk.

Some people are specifically looking for cheap stuff and are willing
to compromise quality and durability. This is the market Chinese
products are trying to fill. When I want a screwdriver or a clamp
which I might only use once, I get the cheap stuff from Harbor Freight
tools. They are so cheap I get a bunch of them. If one breaks I always
have another one on hand. If I want something more durable, I get it
from a known manufacturer, usually US or European. Before Chinese
products came on the scene, you had to buy the professional grade
tools with life time warranties that cost an arm and a leg. There is a
need for low quality cheap stuff too. The problem comes when the
customers can't distinguish between the good and bad stuff.