Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dan Kozar Dan Kozar is offline

Default Christmas Project

I bought a fishing kit there that had a ton of gold colored fish hooks
in it. I clipped off the hook end leaving the straight shaft at the
desired length, put a kink in the shaft and inserted that into my
little hole with a drop of thick CA on it. Problem solved and the
tiny gold eyes look great on small ornaments.

If you go to a craft store or maybe even the craft section at Wally
World, they should have little bags of eye pins. These are straight pins
with an eye on one end. Probably made out of brass coated steel, and
they sometimes come in different lengths, although they are easily cut
to length with a pair dykes. If you ask for them, and they say they
don't have, or never heard of them, look around the beads and jewelry
findings. I once went into a Michaels, which is a craft store chain, and
asked for them, and they said that they never heard of them. I figured
that a craft store that big had to have them, so I looked around a bit,
and found them. I showed them to the clerk, and she said I didn't know
we had them.

--
Dan Kozar