Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Saw blade question

"Nate Zigler" wrote in message
I have a Steel Pro 10", 48T saw blade, part #72811. The box says it's for
cutting steel & ferrous metals. I've looked up on the net, and found this
is indeed what the blade is used for. I had gotten a deal at a garage sale
some years ago, and bought 2 of these blades, unused, in the boxes for $10.
I couldn't pass this up!

Now for my question. I plan on installing some laminate flooring, which
has aluminum oxide in it. Would this blade be a good one for cutting the
laminate?

I'd buy a good carbide blade and then I'd have it sharpened when the job is
done. Worst case scenario is you try the blade you have and see how good
the cut is. Designed for steel, it may not give the clean cut you want.