Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Rigid Band Saws?

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:09:50 -0600, mapdude wrote:

The Rigid band saw looks like it is solidly made, just wish it came with
a fence.

IMHO, band saw fences are way over rated...
We have them on router tables and table saws, so we figure that a BS needs one
too..
I used a friend's kreig (SP) $150 "micro adjustable" fence kit with t-track
brackets and was unimpressed..

I've used an oak 1x3" and 2 quick clamps for years for pen blanks and thin
stuff, a 2x6" on end for resawing and done as well as I think a fence kit would
do..

I made a new one last year... 2x2" oak with a "T" on the back end and a toggle
clamp on the front.. works great... YMWV

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing