Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry D[_2_] Terry D[_2_] is offline

Default LED display on multimeter

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
Terry D wrote on 24/11/2007 :
I have an old Fluke multimeter (8022B) which is still serviceable.
Unfortunately, part of the LCD display has a blackened area, which
obscures the =/- signs. The black area is always visible, even with the
instrument switched of. Is there any way to correct this problem? The
cost of replacing the display would be prohibitive, even if I could
source one and I could probably buy another Fluke from eBay quite
cheaply.

I once had some success by warming the display such that I made it warmer
towards the centre combined with light finger pressure squeezing the black
out towards the edge. Something a bit hotter than an hair dryer, but not
so hot as a hot air gun is best. I then sealed the edge of the display.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try - nothing to lose really!

Terry D.