Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Braun/Oral B electric tootbrush.

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
The manual of my Philips Sonicare says, that the battery
is "not to be replaced", but on failing the whole unit should
be dumped. When I discovered that, I decided, never to buy
a Philips device again.

But this is true of all the rechargeable toothbrushes.

The Sonicare probably does a better job than the cheap Braun, but I'd be
reluctant to claim that as fact.

The make a Sonicare now that uses standard AA batteries. I have one of the
older ones with the built in battery, it's been going strong for about 8
years now, my dentist recommended it and I've been very happy with it. My
mom gave me an older one with a failed battery, I've been meaning to crack
it open with the bench vise and see if I can replace the battery, the thing
ought to work well for cleaning small parts.