Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] jmlucido@verizon.net is offline

Default Need suggestion for type of hinge to use

I am designing and building a mission style book case with doors that
have glass panels. I saw it in an old Restoration Hardware catalog. I
really like the design but I am having trouble finding hinges that I
think will work.

The problem is that the doors are inset into the bookcase past the
face. I am guessing it will be 1/8". In the picture the hinges are
invisible. This is a definite design feature which I want to keep. I
also want the doors to open up past 90 degrees if possible.

I doubt the original manufacturer used a custom designed hinge for
this. I can't seem to find anything. Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,

John