Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Afghan Bridge Update and Sad News

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 00:40:16 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 19:33:01 -0500, axolotl
wrote:

Winston wrote:

My question
is: if we provide a 30" diameter field that has a power density of 2 W
at 24" and we are radiating at the resonant frequency of the initiator,
would that reliably disarm or failing that, trigger the device?

By the way, a 1.2 KW 2.2 GHz transmitter is not at all difficult to
come by, maybe 60 bux. Look in the microwave oven department at
Wal-Mart. A half wavelength at 2.2 GHz is about 68 mm, close to the
length of a flashlight battery......