Posted to uk.d-i-y
Timfy Timfy is offline

Default Marley quickfix 2000 garage door cone replacement

Hi all,

I'm looking for advice on how to remove and replace the cones (and
attached cables) on a Marley quickfix garage door.

The spring is not under tension, or indeed currently even attached.

I cannot see how to remove the old cones, can anyone advise please?

I am comfortable with replacing and re tensioning the spring, a
dangerous task but one that I have successfully undertaken before
(complete with safety gloves and eye wear) I just cannot see for the
life of me how the bloomin cones can be removed! The "rod" passes
through a bracket on each and there are no circlips etc. holding it in
place, however with the brackets in place the rod is too long to slide
one way or the other and the cones are very solidly in place.

Help save what little hair I've got and give me a clue!!!