Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Old cast-iron guttering - scrap value?

Lobster wrote:

I need to replace a house-load of knackered old post-war cast-iron
guttering/downpipes: does this have any significant scrap value, or do I
just smash it up and cart it down to the recycling centre?

There'll be about 11 metres of half-round gutters and I suppose about
10m of downpipe.

I did a house a few months ago with 3 x 25 feet of gutter, and 2 down
pipes, got around £15 scrap from the dealer.(actually got around £20 for
260kg, but I had an old boiler and a few other bits to add on.)
£80/tonne recently for cast scrap.
Alan.