Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Sony KV J29 Green Lines

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
On Nov 23, 2:34 pm, MP wrote:
Hello,

I have a Sony KV J 29MN1AK about 5 years old.

This TV has developed problems. It shows green colour lines slanted
towards right and spread across the entire screen. I have not
counted them, but these lines are mostly equally separated ( may be
about 1.5cms apart)

This seems to me a vertical flyback problem where the beams are not
blanked.

Can some experts in this forum help me to fix this problem ?

Do you have access to an oscilloscope and the schematic for the set??

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

You shouldn't need either, I've been repairing things as a hobby for years,
I have a scope but rarely use it for repair, and schematics, those come once
in a blue moon, but usually it's just old fashioned intuition and a
multimeter. Look for a shorted transistor in the green drive circuit,
probably not the one directly connected to the green cathode or the whole
picture would have a green haze to it, but look further down the line,
closer to the video processing section.