Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Old cast-iron guttering - scrap value?

"Lobster" wrote in message
I need to replace a house-load of knackered old post-war cast-iron
guttering/downpipes: does this have any significant scrap value, or do I
just smash it up and cart it down to the recycling centre?

There'll be about 11 metres of half-round gutters and I suppose about 10m
of downpipe.

Thanks
David

If it's intact you'd be better selling it privately or through an
architectural scrap merchant - lots of buildings are only allowed to use
cast iron fittings and they're expensive.

If it's not intact take it to your scrap yard for weighing in.

Mary