Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_2_] Bob Minchin[_2_] is offline

Default LED display on multimeter

Bob Minchin wrote:

Terry D wrote:

I have an old Fluke multimeter (8022B) which is still serviceable.
Unfortunately, part of the LCD display has a blackened area, which
obscures the =/- signs. The black area is always visible, even with
the instrument switched of. Is there any way to correct this
problem? The cost of replacing the display would be prohibitive, even
if I could source one and I could probably buy another Fluke from eBay
quite cheaply.

Terry D.

It is not possible to correct a display that has failed in this way. We
used to sawp them out at work for new ones but our stocks are long gone
as this was a regular fault. Getting a spare from a otherwise faulty one
on ebay would be a good way to go. You might find it worth while to find
the partnumber of your display and see if it is used in other flukes of
a similar vintage to give you a wider range to target on ebay.
I have an 8020 which I'm pretty certain has the same display. A brief
search has not turned up my manual so I can't give you the part number
to compare.

Good Luck

Bob

Found it! Part number is 453100 on at least 8020 and 8022 possibly
loads more. Manual download for old models here.

http://us.fluke.com/usen/support/manuals/default.htm

Bob