Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Trade Unions

On Nov 23, 6:19 pm, John wrote:
Ed Huntress wrote:
unions.

Sinclair Lewis probably had nothing to do with anything.

\

Sinclair Lewis was a writer whose books included Elmer Gantry, Main
Street, Babbit, Aerosmith and a bunch of others.

C.S. Lewis authored the Screwtape Letters and a bunch of christian
writings.

Upton Sinclair is the guy you are thinking about.. authored The Jungle.

Without looking it up, I associate Lewis more with the Pure Food and Drug
Act than with child labor. Child labor activism was a major union effort
going back to the 1880s.

there are too many Lewis'es in this world that are authors.

John

Well I got one name right. One out of two isn't too good, but could
be worse.

Dan