Posted to alt.home.repair
beecrofter[_2_] beecrofter[_2_] is offline

Default Low Water Cutoff in Boiler - Steam

On Nov 22, 10:39 pm, "New & Improved - N/F John"
wrote:
I have float type cutoff switch that gets stuck in the down position after
draining the boiler. I had the service tech over twice and each time all he
did was giggle the switch to start the burner. He said the muck in this old
boiler is the cause. Today it did it again and I did the same thing and
then it eventually unstuck by itself. What a pain!

This cutoff mechanism looks easy enough to take apart to clean. He said he
could do it but it would only muck up again. What do you think I should do?

John

If you don't blow down the boiler a gallon or two periodically to
remove the muck this is what happens.