Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Default Panasonic TC-11LV1 11 inch LCD TV/DVD question

Jerry G. wrote:

On Nov 23, 2:39 am, msg wrote:

Greetings:

This last spring, a local repair depot trashed a lot of inventory during
a location move; much of the discarded material remained in the parking
lot for weeks (in bad weather) and before it found its way to the landfill
(it wasn't recycled), I rescued a few things including a nearly complete
Panasonic TC-11LV1 LCD TV/DVD. The DVD drive and electronics is missing
but the LCD, tuner and I/O board remains together with the case. The
set powers on and receives OTA video nicely, but powers down after
a few seconds. I surmised that it doesn't like the absence of the
DVD drive (perhaps there is a discrete signal on a cable for drive
ready?).

If a TV service place trashed some TV sets, I would think that they
must have had good reason to!!!

snip

Most of the material was new stock spares and there was a large volume of
unfinished repairs. The business had been purchased and was being
relocated. I rescued other completely functional devices. From their
condition I had little reason to believe that the Panasonic parts were defective,
rather that the internal DVD drive had failed (which of course is missing).

Regards,

Michael